BILOXI, Miss. (WLOX) – Kim Fields is probably best remembered for her role as Tootie on the “Facts of Life,” but she is currently a big supporter of the Mississippi Centers for Autism and Related Developmental Disabilities.
The actress, author, motivational speaker and mother took time out of her schedule to help bring awareness to South Mississippi.
“My mother always taught me to find a need and fill it,” Fields said.
Although she is not personally affected by autism, she said she has a duty to uphold.
“You were still a part of that village, part of that community,” Fields said.
Community members were on board to help her and support the cause. Current board members said that supporting something you are passionate about is all that matters.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- 3 Discredit tactics used against Autistic (and Disabled) people … | Look familiar @BillyMann?
- Coming to understand the child has autism: A process illustrating parents’ evolving readiness for engaging in care – Stephen J Gentles, David B Nicholas, Susan M Jack, K Ann McKibbon, Peter Szatmari,
- Two Sarasota school employees acquitted in battery trials – News – Sarasota Herald-Tribune – Sarasota, FL
- California vaccine bill: Feminine hygiene device and misused photo at anti-vaxxer rally – The Washington Post
- 17-year-old with autism sucker-punched in high school hallway