By all accounts, Anmarie Calgaro was hardly a model mother. That hasn’t stopped her from trying to make life harder for her daughter – and other teenagers with abusive or neglectful parents.
Calgaro’s transgender teenage daughter moved out, put herself through high school, handled her own finances, and was legally emancipated when she started to transition with the support of her school, case workers, and doctors. Calgaro sued, saying that as the parent she still had the right to medical decisions for her daughter and she didn’t approve of the decision to start the process.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Whistleblower Alleges Medicare Fraud At Iconic Seattle-Based Health Plan | California Healthline
- In Hamburg, ‘Gesundheit’ Means More Than A Wish For Good Health | California Healthline
- Sen. Grassley Questions UVA Health On Findings From Kaiser Health News Investigation | California Healthline
- KHN’s ‘What The Health?’: Democrats Do Drugs (Prices) | California Healthline
- ‘Fear Of Falling’: How Hospitals Do Even More Harm By Keeping Patients In Bed | California Healthline