By all accounts, Anmarie Calgaro was hardly a model mother. That hasn’t stopped her from trying to make life harder for her daughter – and other teenagers with abusive or neglectful parents.
Calgaro’s transgender teenage daughter moved out, put herself through high school, handled her own finances, and was legally emancipated when she started to transition with the support of her school, case workers, and doctors. Calgaro sued, saying that as the parent she still had the right to medical decisions for her daughter and she didn’t approve of the decision to start the process.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Autism As We Live It | Autistic Avenger
- Brands End Partnerships with Myka Stauffer—Read Their Statemnts
- Child agencies knew of autistic brothers locked in room AND four-year-old ‘left to rot in her cot’ | Daily Mail Online
- Twitter’s ex-CEO attacks Facebook for proliferation of Bill Gates conspiracy theories – Business Insider
- ‘Measles parties’ and anti-vaxxers fueled 2019 outbreak in NYC