By all accounts, Anmarie Calgaro was hardly a model mother. That hasn’t stopped her from trying to make life harder for her daughter – and other teenagers with abusive or neglectful parents.
Calgaro’s transgender teenage daughter moved out, put herself through high school, handled her own finances, and was legally emancipated when she started to transition with the support of her school, case workers, and doctors. Calgaro sued, saying that as the parent she still had the right to medical decisions for her daughter and she didn’t approve of the decision to start the process.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Fierce Autistic Advocate: ABA and Gay Conversion Therapy Compared
- New Lawsuits Threaten to Pierce the Corporate Veil & Prove the Church of Scientology is the Alter Ego of David Miscavige – The Scientology Money Project
- Why Does William Shatner Bully Autistic People?
- Teen Activist Greta Thunberg Sets Sail in Zero-Carbon Atlantic Voyage | Inside Edition
- Anti-Vax Mom Asks For Prayers After Daughter Is Vaccinated. Internet Responds In Predictable Fashion | IFLScience