Dr. Bernard Rimland, the founder of the Autism Research Institute, was one of the most important contributors to our modern understanding of autism. It was he who led the movement to end the persecution of parents based on the false idea that autism could be caused by “cold” mothers.
But it was also Rimland who, incorrectly, led many parents to believe that autism was caused by vaccines. His approach to “curing” autism, which he called Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!), led many to undertake risky and expensive treatments.
While many parents anecdotally claim that the DAN! Protocol “cured” their children, there is virtually no research evidence to support this. More significantly, there are many large research studies which have found that Rimland’s vaccine-based theories were incorrect. …
– BS & The Quackery –
- Covid-19: beware online tests and cures, experts say | World news | The Guardian
- Online Coronavirus Tests Are Just The Latest Iffy Products Marketed To Anxious Consumers | California Healthline
- Coronavirus: Nearly 300 dead after drinking methanol after wrongly thinking it cures Covid-19 | Metro News
- Magic masks, cleansing amulets and the persuasive power of Covid-19 pseudoscience – Noncompliant – the podcast
- Capitalising on Corona – Vandana Shiva – #1 – Myles Power