Dr. Bernard Rimland, the founder of the Autism Research Institute, was one of the most important contributors to our modern understanding of autism. It was he who led the movement to end the persecution of parents based on the false idea that autism could be caused by “cold” mothers.
But it was also Rimland who, incorrectly, led many parents to believe that autism was caused by vaccines. His approach to “curing” autism, which he called Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!), led many to undertake risky and expensive treatments.
While many parents anecdotally claim that the DAN! Protocol “cured” their children, there is virtually no research evidence to support this. More significantly, there are many large research studies which have found that Rimland’s vaccine-based theories were incorrect. …
– BS & The Quackery –
- Oleandra – The New COVID Snake Oil – Science-Based Medicine
- Hillicon Valley: TikTok employee to file lawsuit | Pinterest adds first Black member to board of directors | Amazon expanding offices | TheHill
- “We’re Not Scared” Hundreds of Anti-Maskers Manifest in Spain’s Madrid to Protest Against Mandatory Face Masks
- US government slow to act as anti-vaxxers spread lies on social media about coronavirus vaccine | Health | albanyherald.com
- One of Trump’s ex-wives has jumped on the Bill Gates vaccination conspiracy bandwagon: report – Raw Story