Government Actions against DAN! Doctors
Stephen Barrett, M.D.
Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) was a project of the Autism Research Institute (ARI) that began in 1995 and ended in 2010.
From about 2001 through 2011, ARI’s Web site published a Clinical Registry that listed the names of doctors who had attended DAN! conferences.
In July 2002, ARI asked all who were listed to sign a statement of support and to indicate which of 33 types of treatment they offered.
Searching the licensing board sites and elsewhere, I have found that at least 69 of the medical and osteopathic physicians listed in online DAN! registries between 2001 and 2011 have been subjected to regulatory actions.
I also found two chiropractors, one of whom also has a naturopathic license. Here they are, categorized according what I believe to be most significant concern.
A red asterisk indicates that the doctor’s license was either revoked, surrendered, or permanently suspended in at least one state. Click the links to access details of each case.
Dubious DAN!-related practices
- Roy E. Kerry, MD
- Richard E. Layton, MD
- Seshagiri Rao, MD
- Alan Schwartz, MD*
- Stephen L. Smith, MD
- Kenneth P. Stoller, MD (nondisciplinary advisory letter)
- Anjum Usman, MD
- Michael Whitney, NMD, DC …
See more here: Government Actions against DAN! Doctors
– BS & The Quackery –
- SPARK for Autism will not say what they will do with our DNA | We Can Only Guess | Fierce Autie – Home
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network breaks with Sesame Street over Autism Speaks ties – The Washington Post
- #Antivaxxers and #Bleachcult | Your ‘idea’ of a civil rights movement is shit.
- I am autism video removed from Autism Speaks’ website…or is it? ( Circa Sept 2009) | Left Brain Right Brain
- Disability Community Condemns Autism Speaks (Circa 2009) | Autistic Self Advocacy Network