Government Actions against DAN! Doctors
Stephen Barrett, M.D.
Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) was a project of the Autism Research Institute (ARI) that began in 1995 and ended in 2010.
From about 2001 through 2011, ARI’s Web site published a Clinical Registry that listed the names of doctors who had attended DAN! conferences.
In July 2002, ARI asked all who were listed to sign a statement of support and to indicate which of 33 types of treatment they offered.
Searching the licensing board sites and elsewhere, I have found that at least 69 of the medical and osteopathic physicians listed in online DAN! registries between 2001 and 2011 have been subjected to regulatory actions.
I also found two chiropractors, one of whom also has a naturopathic license. Here they are, categorized according what I believe to be most significant concern.
A red asterisk indicates that the doctor’s license was either revoked, surrendered, or permanently suspended in at least one state. Click the links to access details of each case.
Dubious DAN!-related practices
- Roy E. Kerry, MD
- Richard E. Layton, MD
- Seshagiri Rao, MD
- Alan Schwartz, MD*
- Stephen L. Smith, MD
- Kenneth P. Stoller, MD (nondisciplinary advisory letter)
- Anjum Usman, MD
- Michael Whitney, NMD, DC …
See more here: Government Actions against DAN! Doctors
– BS & The Quackery –
- Vaccines, Neglected Tropical Diseases, and The Future of Medical Education (w/Dr. Peter Hotez) | Video
- Ectopic Pregnancy Re-implantation | A Doctor Reacts To Ohio's Abortion Law
- Measles Kills Children In Samoa | A Doctor Reacts To Anti-Vax Lies | #VaccinateYourSpawn
- Parents are poisoning their children with Bleach | Ban Toxic Cures
- Take Action: Stop Autism Speaks from Dictating Canadian Autism Policy!