OPINION: A decade ago I was participating in a research seminar at an Australian university and one of the academics responded to a presentation about autism with the comment “all academics are a little bit autistic”.
Recently, I was speaking to a colleague about a someone from another university that she found hard to deal with.
My colleague told me of the trouble she was having and finished up with “you know how he is … a bit on the spectrum”.
So even if not all academics “a little bit autistic”, the ones that are hard to get along with must be “a bit on the spectrum”? …
– Culture & Community –
- AWN condemns TikTok “Autism Challenge”
- When the “Autism Community” advocates … Autistics suffer for it. Every. Time. | Eve Reiland
- Not A Fan of Autism Speaks Since 2008 | Eve Reiland
- Memoirs Of The Non-Neurotypical – Planet S
- Autism Speaks Is A Source of Ugly, Not The Solution for Autistics Being Bullied On Tik Tok. A$: Focus On Your Own Bullies & Mess. | Eve Reiland