OPINION: A decade ago I was participating in a research seminar at an Australian university and one of the academics responded to a presentation about autism with the comment “all academics are a little bit autistic”.
Recently, I was speaking to a colleague about a someone from another university that she found hard to deal with.
My colleague told me of the trouble she was having and finished up with “you know how he is … a bit on the spectrum”.
So even if not all academics “a little bit autistic”, the ones that are hard to get along with must be “a bit on the spectrum”? …
– Culture & Community –
- Autistic Allies: Good informative Facebook pages and groups to Like
- Carboot Sale / I Bought More Books… – CrankyAutistic
- Hear the First Recording of the Human Voice (1860) | Open Culture
- Languages – A Dad trying to cope with the loss of his Partner and becoming a single parent.
- Give Halle Bailey a Chance – Cambria’s Big Fat Autistic Blog