OPINION: A decade ago I was participating in a research seminar at an Australian university and one of the academics responded to a presentation about autism with the comment “all academics are a little bit autistic”.
Recently, I was speaking to a colleague about a someone from another university that she found hard to deal with.
My colleague told me of the trouble she was having and finished up with “you know how he is … a bit on the spectrum”.
So even if not all academics “a little bit autistic”, the ones that are hard to get along with must be “a bit on the spectrum”? …
– Culture & Community –
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network breaks with Sesame Street over Autism Speaks ties – The Washington Post
- ‘Poetic’ autism film divides campaigners (Circa 2009) | New Scientist
- Fierce Autistic Advocate: Autistic History: Neurodiversity
- Petition | Billy Mann Owes Reparations, Not a Self-Serving Apology, to the Autistic Community! | via Wendy Katz
- Wake. Bake. Caffeinate. | Betting on the “cure” over quality of life for your autistic kid? | Eve Reiland