What happens when you mix a few wary parents with a fraudulent study and throw in a celebrity? You get a witch hunt.
My twitter feed blew up over the news that the study linking the MMR vaccine to autism had been declared an “elaborate fraud.” The study had actually been retracted a while back, but this makes it official. There have always been parents wary of vaccines, but this study is the one that started the ball rolling. Jenny McCarthy helped it grow into a giant snowball of panic. You know, Jenny McCarthy; former Playboy model, D-list actress and ex-girlfriend of Jim Carrey. She wasn’t in it alone. Oprah helped her spread the word. So did Larry King Liveand The View. She was even on The Doctors, discussing the “debate” with doctors. She was a regular on our trusted TV shows; that is, after all, where you go when you have a book to promote. …
– #AntiVaxxer –
- YouTube removed five times more content for violating hate speech rules – CNN
- Measles outbreak 2019: US could lose elimination status in October
- California lawmakers splashed with ‘what appeared to be blood’ during anti-vaxxing protest at Statehouse | Fox News
- Anti-vaccine protester throws menstrual cup with apparent blood at California lawmakers.
- Anti-vaxxer hurls what appears to be her own blood at California lawmakers