About the organizers
This manifesto is organized by the Association to Protect the Sick of Pseudoscientific Therapies (APETP in Spanish, www.apetp.com) a civil society association formed by victims of pseudotherapies, scientists, doctors, nurses, physiotherapists, computer scientists, lawyers, and a long etcetera). Other associations of the skeptical sphere such as Skeptic Circle (https://circuloesceptico.org/), ARP Society for the Advancement of Critical Thinking (http://www.escepticos.es/), the Association of Pharmacists in Favor of Scientific Evidence (www.farmaciencia.org) and Red UNE (www.redune.org) also collaborate in this initiative, backed by a multitude of worldwide skeptical movements.
This manifesto is being organized with very limited and totally independent resources.
The objective of this manifesto is:
1. To gather a large number of scientists and health professionals who make it clear that neither the scientific nor health sector support these practices, contrary to scientific evidence.
2. Raise awareness in the media about the topic of the manifesto.
3. Start a fight against these practices worldwide, since many of the laws and problems that affect patients due to pseudotherapies, have a larger origin than countries hosting the skeptical associations
The contact data collected in this manifesto will not be used for other things than the purpose of this manifesto, they will be used to contact the signatories to verify their adhesion to the manifesto.
The name and education of the signatories will be transmitted to media, although to contact them or reveal their name, their agreement will be required.
Sign the manifest
To sign the manifesto, you have to take into account some issues.
1) You can sign this manifesto if you are a scientific or health personnel. If you are studying a career but you have not finished your studies, you can help us in other ways, for example by disseminating this manifesto.
2) We need you to give us a valid email address from your research center, company or health center. We will contact you to verify that you really exist.
3) If you lack an institutional email address, explain how we can verify that you are who you say you are. If you can not think of any way, give us your email address and we will make some proposals.
4) We need you to write a brief description of your academic degrees.
5) By signing this manifesto, you accept that your support for this cause is made public.
If you have all this clear, fill in the following form to sign our manifesto.
– BS & The Quackery –
- COVID-19 parties: Urban legend or real thing? – Science-Based Medicine
- How anti-vax groups are using Facebook to spread coronavirus disinformation – Big Think
- Balkan states struggle with second wave amid anti-vaxx sentiment
- Dominic Lawson: To win the war on Covid-19 we must inoculate Britain against the absurd anti-vaxxers | Daily Mail Online
- FDA: Florida church sold fake coronavirus cure | KGET 17