It is very easy for whyte people to not see what is wrong in teaching a slave how to speak English, social manners, religious stuff, what clothes to wear and how, how to conduct themself, what is acceptable culturally, how to fit in, what good is, and what evil is.
It is so incredibly easy to just quietly slink unthinkingly past the “slave” bit and do all that “normalising whyte sh*t” to people of colour, others.
It’s the same as how parents treat autistics, others, as empty vessels waiting to be filled, as ABA Lovaas’s “blank piece of paper” to be written upon, junk to be beaten into something useful, programmed, moulded, coerced, abandoned if still found to be of no use.
We can kid ourselves that our generation is more advanced than that of the parents who unquestioningly obeyed their Doctor in the 50’s and 60’s when he firmly advised them it was best to institutionalise their child and get on with their life. But what has really happened is a single abandonment of a child to an institution with life-long harm inflicted by others, has become a funded repeated praised abandonment of a child to a prettified often-smiling 20-40 hours of weekly torture.
As long as parents remain locked into the perspective that normalisation and pathologization are the way to go with their autistic child, they lock their child into trauma and failure, creating an even worse institution for their child where autistic hope, autistic progress, autistic goodness are locked out.
~ ʎllɐǝɹƃ uɥoɾ
– As Seen On | Latest 5 –
- As Seen On Facebook | How to abuse Autistics and make a $$$ empire at the same time | Eve Reiland
- As Seen On Facebook | You say it cures Autism? Fine. Drink it yourself first. | Crimson Âû
- As Seen On Facebook | It is very easy for whyte people to not see what is wrong in teaching a slave how to speak English … | John Greally – Âûtistic News Feed
- As Seen On Twitter | #TodayInABA: None of the BCBAs at JRC have lost their credentials over using shocks on Autistics … | AutisticMom
- As Seen On Twitter | … To ABA professionals, inflicting Mental Trauma and abuse is fine, and we should be grateful for it?!… | Autistic UK #TheFutureIsGold