Autistics are very tolerant and very adaptable.
The question being “why should they have to be very anything?”.
If your perspective says otherwise – perhaps you should listen and learn from the autistic perspective.
Imagine the anxiety, the exhausting alertness, the traumas and impacts, the sense of loss for autistics doing ‘double-duty’ every single day:
- trying to tolerate others and the way things are established to suit others — without any reciprocity from those others
- trying to live life to suit others while masking how we really are or wish to be — without any reciprocity from those others.
— posted by John Greally
John Greally (NZ)
- Hill Hodgepodge: Pelosi Draws From Democrats, GOP And Trump For Drug Plan | California Healthline
- Want To Reduce Suicides? Follow The Data — To Medical Offices, Motels And Even Animal Shelters | California Healthline
- How Cruise Ship Passengers Should Prepare For Sickness Or Injury At Sea | California Healthline