As a direct support professional in behavioral health, I am sickened and overwhelmed at the thought of parents of autistic children giving them bleach to try and “cure” their autism. Having children of my own with no disabilities in their way, I can’t imagine walking in the shoes of the parents who have children with physical and mental disabilities. However, I get to be involved with autistic residents who truly warm my heart and make me smile with a love that is warm and humbling.
– BS & The Quackery –
- Facebook removes groups promoting fake cures after BI investigation – Business Insider
- Don’t OUT Autistic Kids | Just SAY NO To the Halloween Blue Bucket | How the Trick-or-treat Pumpkin Bucket Is Being Used to Raise Awareness
- Autism Canada doesn’t endorse ‘singling out children’ with blue Halloween buckets | Lifestyle from CTV News
- Religious vaccine objections can’t be traced to biblical sources, scholars say | CBC News
- Medical claims, unproven treatments spread in closed Facebook groups