As a direct support professional in behavioral health, I am sickened and overwhelmed at the thought of parents of autistic children giving them bleach to try and “cure” their autism. Having children of my own with no disabilities in their way, I can’t imagine walking in the shoes of the parents who have children with physical and mental disabilities. However, I get to be involved with autistic residents who truly warm my heart and make me smile with a love that is warm and humbling.
– BS & The Quackery –
- Dan Olmsted & Age of Autism | Wikipedia
- Judge Rotenberg Center « Lydia X. Z. Brown
- AutismOne throws their support behind the Geiers in “Autism Science Digest” | Left Brain Right Brain | Circa June 2011
- I’m Autistic: Parody of Autism Speaks Video “I Am Autism” | Circa 2009
- How much compliance is too much compliance: Is long-term ABA therapy abuse?: Cogent Psychology: Vol 6, No 1