Evan’s father, Derek Dowdey, has filed suit against the school district and sheriff’s office because of the incident at Osceola Middle School in Seminole, which he said has left his autistic son traumatized and in fear of authority figures, according to a story in the Tampa Bay Times.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- GRAPHIC: Utah police release footage after officers shoot 13-year-old boy video:
- Mother of autistic boy sues Worcester police after bone broken, records withheld
- Student org reckons with mental health concerns
- Bosnia to Prosecute Media for Revealing Srebrenica Witness’s Identity
- Report: Marijuana led to 1 in 10 arrests in South Dakota in 2018