There aren’t many rallies where you would find a protestor holding an “In God We Trust” sign standing next to another with a “My Body My Choice” placard. But so it was at the “anti-vaxxer” rally Tuesday at the Capitol, where the crowd was equal parts crunchy progressive and religious conservative, the loudspeakers blasting both “Get Up Stand Up” and “God Bless the USA.” Certainly, the vaccine debate challenges our ideological assumptions and our usual political divides. Before we continue, I should say that I consider vaccines to one of civilization’s great advancements, and the debate about them only proves how privileged we are. Vaccines are victims of their own success. They have been so good at eliminating the terrifying diseases of the past that we no longer remember the terror.
– BS & The Quackery –
- Petition launched to cancel Channel 4 show How To Train Your Baby Like A Dog after viewers left livid – Birmingham Live
- Controversial new Channel 4 documentary faces backlash
- MEASLES SHOCK: One in 10 Swindon primary school pupils not protected from disease | Swindon Advertiser
- Blow for vaccination law foes — Advocates: Punish other NYPD in Garners death — NYC welfare numbers drop – POLITICO
- Health officials warn of dangerous side effects of “miracle cures” for cancer, other medical conditions | News 4 Buffalo