Amidst all the celebrities, mythical worlds, fandoms and elaborate costumes at FanX Salt Lake Comic Convention, one new superhero stood out. “Focus Comic” features one of the world’s first autistic superheroes. “We’re trying to put a positive light on autism by creating an autistic superhero,” Yvonne Wan, a social cultural anthropologist and the creator, writer and artist for the comic, said.
– Special Interests –
- A 19th-century book helped lay the foundation for gay rights. A Hopkins researcher just found a rare copy. – Baltimore Sun
- Bryan Cranston and Danny DeVito call out Hollywood for ignoring actors with disabilities | The Independent
- South Mississippi girl walks the ‘blue carpet’ at Star Wars premiere
- Lesbian kiss in new “Star Wars” movie makes history as first same-sex kiss in the series / LGBTQ Nation
- David Snape Show 10.12.19
– Culture & Community –
- Infantilising Disabled People is a Thing and You’re Probably Unconsciously Doing It.
- Fierce Autie: What is ABA and My Experience
- Henny Kupferstein Is in an Accommodations Bat: Fierce Autistics and Allies Needs Your Help
- “Jewish Neurodivergent Pride” by fierceautie | Redbubble
- Just one supportive adult cuts the chance an LGBTQ youth will attempt suicide by 40%