|Paul Krugman: How Bad Things Are|
If you have any familiarity with the world, in short, you know that involuntary unemployment is very real. And it’s currently a very big deal. How bad is the problem of involuntary unemployment, and how much worse has it become?
|Noam Chomsky: Plutonomy and the Precariat|
The Occupy movement has been an extremely exciting development. If the bonds and associations it has established can be sustained through a long, dark period ahead — because victory won’t come quickly — it could prove a significant moment in American history.
|Greta Van Susteren: Senator Marco Rubio and Elizabeth Warren! Can We Call It Even and Drop It?|
I believe both Senator Rubio and Elizabeth Warren when they talk about their family histories. I believe both of them heard those stories for years in their families and just repeated them. Big deal. No one died. Let’s move on to more substantive issues.
|Mia Farrow: Making Mother’s Day More Meaningful: A Different Way to Spend $14.6 Billion|
Mother’s Day is our chance to honor the women who bind families together and raise children from babies to adulthood.
|Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Petro Plutocracy|
Last week the world got a preview of America’s new, post-Citizens-United petro plutocracy, with the oil lords flexing their political muscles like oil-soaked bodybuilders pumped up on a steroid drip of campaign dollars. It was all about fracking.
Messages From The Archives
- The Archives | e-Speaks: Puzzle Pretzels Hit the Shelves; West Texas Walk; "Fox Sports Supports" and NASCAR; "Night of Too Many Stars" | Circa April 10, 2008
- From The Archives | Autism Speaks Newsletter: e-Speaks | Circa August 7, 2009
- Makeup Does Not Pass Autistic Son’s Inspection | Circa Feb 2008 | Eve Reiland
- The Party Will Go On …| Circa Feb. 2008 | Eve Reiland
- Life & Times of Rieker, The Dog | Circa 2008 | Eve Reiland