The disability community has been working for years to end the use of electric shock torture at the Judge Rotenberg Center. Since an initial hearing on April 24th, 2014, the FDA has been slowly moving toward banning the GED devices used to shock disabled students at the JRC—but every step forward has required sustained pressure from our community. Thanks to your hard work in last year’s successful #StopTheShock campaign, we are closer than ever to ending this abuse for good. In response to your advocacy, the FDA noted in their fall 2018 Unified Agenda that they intend to release the rule in 2019. This is a major step toward finalizing the rule, but our work isn’t done. Until the FDA finally bans these dangerous devices, we need to hold them accountable and remind them that #WeAreStillWaiting.
We’ll be taking action on April 24th, the 5th anniversary of the FDA hearing on the harmful effects of the GED. We need you to join us to make calls, write emails, send letters, host events and spread the word. We’re starting now. Check out our campaign page to learn what YOU can do to let the FDA know: we won’t stop til they #StopTheShock!Help Us #StopTheShock!
– Activists & Advocates –
- As Seen On Facebook | Kerri Rivera Plans Attack Against Autistic Activists, Fiona O’Leary, Emma Dalmayne, Amanda Siegler, Melissa Eaton & More | Emma Dalmayne
- As Seen On Facebook | Applegate we will not stand for quackery and fake cures. | Fierce Autie
- (PDF) Evidence of increased PTSD symptoms in autistics exposed to applied behavior analysis
- Training by Repetition Actually Prevents Learning for Those With Autism
- As Seen On Facebook | IBI is largely ABA but intensified. … So layoffs in that industry are always good news. |Âûtistic News Feed – Âûtistic News Feed