Yeah, so William Shatner is advocating for Autism Awareness (via Autism $peaks) again, and pretty much in the same breath, tells Autistic people to fuck off if they don’t like it.
We’re getting a fabulous start, early start, to “The Month.”
There’s more to this story and I’m talking to Autistics about how the Shatner Files got started … looks like a two year saga already in the works.
More on the whole story soon — and links and stuff to what others have written.
For now, here’s screens & a request: Don’t Be A Shatner To Autistic People.
William Shatner Archive …
- Just a note on videos and other things I create … | Eve Reiland
- William Shatner’s Tweets Are a Classic Case of Misinformation Spread | Slate | Circa April 2017
- As Seen On Facebook | Message Received | Eve Reiland
- Question: What’s the ROI For Celebrity Influencers for @AutismSpeaks? That Marketing Budget is HUGE. | Eve Reiland
- Fierce Autistic Advocate: A letter to William Shatner from the Autistic Community
- An open letter to William Shatner on autism awareness | Left Brain Right Brain | Circa April 2017
- William Shatner doesn’t get it | Phil Gluyas: Autism News and Views | Circa April 2017
- What Should You Do When Your Favorite Celebrity Gets Autism Wrong? – Pacific Standard | Circa June 2017
- William Shatner: New celebrity pitch man for dubious anti-aging stem cell treatments? – RESPECTFUL INSOLENCE | June 2019
- William Shatner Doubles Down on Lighting it Up Blue | NOS Magazine | Circa April 2017