The art of hand-coloring or tinting black and white photographs has been around, the Vox video above explains, since the earliest days of photography itself. “But these didn’t end up looking super realistic,” at least not next to their modern counterparts, created with computers.
– Special Interests –
- Carboot Sale / I Bought More Books… – CrankyAutistic
- Hear the First Recording of the Human Voice (1860) | Open Culture
- June Monthly Book Haul! – CrankyAutistic
- David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” and the Apollo 11 Moon Landing Turn 50 This Month: Celebrate Two Giant Leaps That Took Place 9 Days Apart | Open Culture
- The First Museum Dedicated Exclusively to Poster Art Opens Its Doors in the U.S.: Enter the Poster House | Open Culture