The art of hand-coloring or tinting black and white photographs has been around, the Vox video above explains, since the earliest days of photography itself. “But these didn’t end up looking super realistic,” at least not next to their modern counterparts, created with computers.
– Special Interests –
- Salvador Dalí’s Iconic Deck of Tarot Cards Get Re-Issued: It’s Out Today | Open Culture
- Great Rock Albums of 1986: Jackson Browne- Lives in the Balance | 80smetalman’s Blog
- Bowie’s Bookshelf: A New Essay Collection on The 100 Books That Changed David Bowie’s Life | Open Culture
- The Entire History of the British Isles Animated: 42,000 BCE to Today | Open Culture
- How to Find Silence in a Noisy World | Open Culture