Sep 11, 2009, 12:00 AM | Autism News
Just since midnight, over 50,000 letters have gone to President Barack Obama and others as part of a new campaign to bring attention to the rising numbers of autism cases. The National Autism Association (NAA) declared today as National “How Much Longer” Day for Autism, a day of letter-writing to the media, health agencies, Department of Education, lawmakers and the Obama Administration asking for such things as health insurance coverage, federal laws to protect special-ed students from dangerous restraint and seclusion practices in schools, safer vaccines, and for autism to be declared a nation health crisis.
Messages From The Archives
- Google Alert – autism | Circa March 21, 2014
- Google Alert – autism | Circa Oct 1, 2010
- Google News Alert for: autism | Circa Dec 22, 2009
- Flipped The Bird & Became An Activist circa 2015 – 2017| Eve Reiland
- Some Thoughts as Autism Awareness Month Comes to an End… | 5 Minutes for Special Needs | Circa April 29, 2009