AUGUST 11, 2009
Buy a Blizzard, Help a Child
DAIRY QUEEN’S MIRACLE TREAT DAYWith temperatures soaring, it’s not like you need an excuse to buy an ice cream. But this is one indulgence you’ll feel really good about. On Thursday, August 13, Dairy Queen will host the 4th Annual North American Miracle Treat Day.
All proceeds from the iconic DQ Blizzards sold that day will be donated to Children’s Miracle Network, a nonprofit dedicated to saving and improving the lives of children by raising funds for children’s hospitals. This is such an easy opportunity to do good, you may want to take the whole neighborhood!
Details on Your Favorite Celeb Moms
JENNY MCCARTHY, JENNA LYONS, MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL, AND MORE
They’re models, musicians, movie stars … and mothers! How do they do it? We’ve got the inside scoop, with exclusive interviews, house tours, and more on Cookiemag.com.
• She knows how to play the part of the ditzy blonde, but don’t try to stereotype Jenny McCarthy. Find out what this mother, author, and autism activist is doing to empower parents to take charge of their kids’ health. Plus, take a look back at some of Jenny’s most memorable goofball and bombshell roles.
• Michelle Obama made headlines when she embraced all-American retailer J. Crew. Discover the genius behind the brand, fashion director Jenna Lyons, with our exclusive Cookie Sheet interview, a tour of her home, and a peak at her style arsenal.
• Check out our celebrity slideshow with 19 incredible moms, including Brooke Shields, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Christy Turlington.
Messages From The Archives
- Google Alert – autism | Circa March 21, 2014
- Google Alert – autism | Circa Oct 1, 2010
- Google News Alert for: autism | Circa Dec 22, 2009
- Flipped The Bird & Became An Activist circa 2015 – 2017| Eve Reiland
- Some Thoughts as Autism Awareness Month Comes to an End… | 5 Minutes for Special Needs | Circa April 29, 2009