Five people in the Houston area are confirmed as having measles. Three of those cases are in Harris County.
Health officials say two boys under two years old, and a 25 to 35-year-old woman are infected.
All three live in northwest Harris County, although officials couldn’t disclose whether the cases are related.
Infectious disease expert Dr Peter Hotez calls the cases concerning.
“When measles epidemics have occurred . . . to me that could be a potentially worrisome sign that this outbreak in Harris County might be continuing for a while,” he says.
More Articles with Peter Hotez
– #AntiVaxxer –
- Measles Outbreak Traced To Father Who Admits Not Vaccinating Kids Due To Autism “Concerns” | IFLScience
- Vaccines and Social Media – VAXOPEDIA
- Why Is RFK, Jr Pimping out the Kennedy Compound to Anti-Vaxxers? – VAXOPEDIA
- Vaccine U-turn: Measles surges as campaigners ride populist wave of distrust in government – CNN
- Washington state House committee passes bill to ban ‘philosophical’ vaccine exemptions