The anti-vaxxers are having a moment right now.
A month after he met with then-President-elect Donald Trump, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. — a fervent vaccine fear-monger — descended on Washington, DC, today with actor Robert De Niro to hold a press conference about vaccine safety.
The event was a showcase of some of the most thoroughly discredited claims about vaccines, from the notion that they cause autism, to the suggestion that vaccines are a huge source of mercury that’s making kids sick. Kennedy also suggested journalists and the government have been colluding to cover up the truth about vaccine safety, and that the shots have “caused the autism epidemic.”
– BS & The Quackery –
- #QuackWatch | FTC files complaint against California company for false COVID-19 treatment plan | WWLP
- Autistic History: Tony Attwood | Fierce Autie
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – Autism | Circa October 23, 2008
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – Autism | Circa October 21, 2008
- ‘Mental Illness Is Not An Excuse, But It Is A Reason’: How To Talk About Kanye West’s Behavior | Here & Now