Categories
Badass Activist | Eve Reiland

New School & Still Working On IEP | Circa May 9, 2006

Tue, May 9, 2006, 12:25 PM | Email From Me To Resource Person

Hi Mary,

I received your voice mail today. I was out of town last week and am just back into the office, sorry for the delay. I left a voice mail (I didn’t get a direct connect) and obtained your email address this way.

What time did you want to meet for Jared’s IEP?

I can be reached via email , cell phone or between the hours of 12-4.30 on my work line. We don’t have a personal landline and I still need to switch my area code on my cellphone.

We really do live in Salida ;0). I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Genevieve Hinson

May 9, 2006, 12:28 PM | From Resource Person To Me

May 16th at 8:00  Does that work for you?

May 9, 2006, 2:21 PM  | Email From Me To Resource Person

Would it be possible to do something after 11:30  a.m.?

May 9, 2006, 3:22 PM | Email From Resource Person To Me

I have another parent who has not confirmed their 1pm spot.

If they don’t confirm, you can have that.  We’ll stay in touch!

May 9, 2006, 3:34 PM | Email From Me To Resource Person

Thanks! If not, then I’ll work it out on my side to show up sans toddler. thanks again!

May 9, 2006, 4:59 PM | Email To Me From Resource Person

I can find another spot on a later date too, if we need too.  I’m just trying to get things moving along for your family.

At first I heard that Jared was really having a hard time at our school, but lately he seems to be adjusting.

What is your impression?  Can you ask him how he is feeling about our school now?

Thanks

May 9, 2006, 5:21 PM | Email From Me To Resource Person

Honestly, this is the best transition I’ve ever seen him do. He’s doing better here than he ever did since the second grade.

I know he’s still getting used to it… he had a real issues with bullies at all his other schools. He’s not complained about that here at all and even mentions a name or two from time to time of people he talks to at school.

He did have a very hard time getting used to the idea of changing for P.E. He was calling home all the time ‘sick’ from the nurses office for awhile there.

He worked with the counselor there and we had some long talks about what he felt comfortable with and how to work with that so he could get to his class on time. He has mentioned dressing out w/o issues and was proud to have accomplished that.

He comes home from aspire club happy. Which for us is a real blessing to see. He doesn’t talk much about school otherwise — just sometimes things he’s learned (lately its science information about carrots).

He did mention not wanting to disect frogs and I tried to work with him to request a different assignment but that didnt’ seem to work and he refused to say more.

I ask him about homework and schoolwork but he doesn’t seem to have any to bring home. He still isn’t comfortable about taking the bus – so I take him to school.

It works out okay there so I’m not pushing it. He’s not had good experiences on the bus in the past, so I think he’s just more comfortable not using it. I really don’t have a feel for hows he’s doing in school grades, emotionally or otherwise. I’m looking forward to finding out and working with you.

~g

May 10, 2006, 7:30 AM | Email From Resource Person To Me

Thanks for the info.  I will pass it along to the school psychologist for her report.

M

May 10, 2006, 10:05 AM | Email From Resource Person To Me

Have you seen Jared’s progress report?  It went home with him last Friday.

May 10, 2006, 10:09 AM | Email From Me To Resource Person

No, he hasn’t mentioned it.

May 10, 2006, 10:15 AM | Email From Resource Person To Me

Would you look in his backpack for it please?  Also, he gets weekly reports from his teachers.

Have you seen those?

May 10, 2006, 10:17 AM | Email From Me To Resource Person

Ugh, I’ve not seen any of them. I’ll go through his backback tonight.

May 10, 2006, 10:38 AM | Email From Resource Person To Me

Thanks!  But even if they’re bad, at least he is feeling ok about the move and the school.  It isn’t all bad.

May 10, 2006, 10:48 AM | Email From Me To Resource Person

Right — exactly. 🙂

May 11, 2006, 10:27 AM | Email From Me To Resource Person

Hi again, I can’t remember if we did decide on a time and date… if so could you remind me?

Thanks! Genevieve

May 11, 2006, 10:30 AM | Email From Resource Person To Me

I am waiting for the other parent to fish or cut bait.  I have you scheduled for 8:00, but…

By Eve Reiland

Contact | internationalbadassactivists@gmail.com

1 reply on “New School & Still Working On IEP | Circa May 9, 2006”