An outbreak of measles four years ago at Disneyland focused attention on a growing health menace — the refusal of parents to vaccinate their children. The threat has gone international. The World Health Organization has just named the anti-vaccination movement among the 10 biggest global health crises.
Italy is ground zero, thanks to a law pushed by the far-right 5-Star Movement that ended compulsory vaccinations for children in public schools. Matteo Salvini, leader of its coalition partner, the League party, called mandatory vaccinations “useless and in many cases dangerous.”
– #AntiVaxxer –
- Emma Dalmayne | Open Minds Conference Protest – Video
- Top Israeli immunologist accused of promoting antivaccine views | Science | AAAS
- Are anti-vaxxers meeting with your MLA?
- Anti-vaxxers accuse cancer patient of causing his own illness
- Anti-Vaxxers Are Now Using Religion To Avoid Childhood Vaccine