This is something of a plea and a thank you.
Eve publically reposted material from a closed Facebook.Group. Normally I would have huge reservations about the breach of trust that implies, but it was an undermoderated group, with open insta-join membership settings, so any illusion of Privacy was a bit wishful.
Her hope was to illustrate, stigmatise, and end the normalisation of hate rants from parents about their Autistic children. She has received … CRITICISM (is that what you call violent hate mail?) about having breached contract and confidence by republishing material from a “private” Safe Space (which it wasn’t).
I wouldn’t have the balls, or the will, to “break the rules” like that, but Eve is a messy fighter and good at making a lot of noise when she sees incredible Injustice. I think her heart is in the right place.. and sometimes you need to be mindfully insolent to agitate action and dialogue. I’m thankful for the noisier, meaner boat-rockers who start the conversations. …
Read more: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209822777124368&set=a.4858410636381
– Culture & Community –
- Corrected Headline: NASCAR’s Armani Williams never let ABLEISM stop his need for speed
- Trans adults more likely to be autistic, researchers find | News | The Times
- Products: Disability Portrayal Issues/Media | Research & Training Center on Independent Living
- Advocates For Deaf And Blind Laud Netflix’s New Playback Features : NPR
- Facemasks create challenges for deaf, hard of hearing | The State