On Facebook this morning, President Obama wrote: “As 2018 draws to a close, I’m continuing a favorite tradition of mine and sharing my year-end lists. It gives me a moment to pause and reflect on the year through the books, movies, and music that I found most thought-provoking, inspiring, or just plain loved. It also gives me a chance to highlight talented authors, artists, and storytellers – some who are household names and others who you may not have heard of before. Here’s my best of 2018 list – I hope you enjoy reading, watching, and listening.” Note that you can hear all of the music on this Spotify playlist.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- Mental Health And Police Violence: How Crisis Intervention Teams Are Failing
- Structural Violence, Social Justice, and Mental Illness
- COVID-19 Update: Co-Chairs of Suicide Prevention Council of SLO County Address Mental Health, Suicide Prevention
- Buffalo councilmember calls for collaboration to address mental health and drug abuse disorders
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87