The proposal is highly controversial, is drawing criticism from many scientists, but has popular support among parents who believe this type of therapy might help their children with autism.
The proposal raises many questions about the ethics of biomedical research. Chelation and Autism Chelation therapy is a legitimate FDA approved treatment for heavy metal poisoning.
The drugs used for chelation, such as disodium EDTA, bind to heavy metals so that they can be removed from the body. Chelation drugs can be given either orally or intravenously.
The treatment is somewhat risky because it can also remove needed electrolytes, like calcium, from the body or causes shifts in the electrolytes that can cause arhythmias and changes in brain function.
There are reported cases of cardiac arrest and death due to chelation. Chelation therapy has a long history of quackery – not …
– BS & The Quackery –
- Oleandra – The New COVID Snake Oil – Science-Based Medicine
- Hillicon Valley: TikTok employee to file lawsuit | Pinterest adds first Black member to board of directors | Amazon expanding offices | TheHill
- “We’re Not Scared” Hundreds of Anti-Maskers Manifest in Spain’s Madrid to Protest Against Mandatory Face Masks
- US government slow to act as anti-vaxxers spread lies on social media about coronavirus vaccine | Health | albanyherald.com
- One of Trump’s ex-wives has jumped on the Bill Gates vaccination conspiracy bandwagon: report – Raw Story
– Scientology –
- Interview: Leah Remini Gives Voice To Victims In ‘Scientology And The Aftermath’ • AwardsCircuit •
- Leah Remini calls out Karen Bass for past praise of Scientology: Victims ‘deserve better from you’ | Fox News
- Karen Bass Previously Praised the Church of Scientology and Now It’s Biting Her In the Butt
- Karen Bass claims Scientology hadn’t been ‘exposed’ before her 2010 praise – Business Insider
- VIDEO: Biden VP contender Karen Bass praises Scientology in 2010 ceremony – Business Insider
– #AntiVaxxer –
- Snapshot | Google alerts – autism | Circa October 27, 2008
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – autism | Circa November 8, 2017
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – autism | Circa March 18, 2017
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – autism | March 27, 2016
- Snapshot | Google alerts – autism | Circa July 8, 2009