At 3:43 Pacific Time, Commissioner Rebekah Zinn confirmed that after receiving “a large number of responses,” the Guardianship Forms Subcommittee “will not create those forms” which would have made it easier and quicker to forcibly sterilize a person under guardianship in a legal way.
The fight against these dangerous forms included individuals in Washington’s disability justice community, local disability rights groups such as Disability Rights Washington, Self Advocates in Leadership, and People First of Washington; national disability rights organizations such as Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN), National Council on Independent Living (NCIL), Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, and Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF); and even non-disability related groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union and Gender Justice League!
– Autistic Self-Advoacy Network | ASAN –
- There was a big legislative battle here in California last year, where the hell were you faux autism advocates? | LBRB | Circa October 26, 2016
- Snapshot | Google Alerts – Autism | Circa December 19, 2011
- How an unexpected collaboration led Utah to amend its discriminatory triage plan | TheHill
- #Vaxxed, reviewed: What happened outside of the movie. – Violent metaphors | Circa June 13, 2016
- #Vaxxed, reviewed: What happened inside the movie – Violent metaphors | Circa June 13, 2016