Really, lady? I saw that. … #DisabilityParking is NOT for your convenience. … worse yet are those stripey lines aren’t a SPOT at all….
Yesterday, went to get my haircut (totally fab) and routine is I rest from the sensory load in the car while Bill gets his turn in the barber chair.
As I sat in my car, passenger side, located in a disabled space … watched a woman park in the striped spots between my car and the next disabled parking spot. …
This woman knew the entire time what she was doing. Watched her face doing the “oopsie” fake-thing AS she parked.
ALL of her body language told on her that she knew what she was doing exactly.
Mind you I’m working out sensory load stuff and am MUTE and unable to say anything. So I just watched. And the best part is … she got caught.
She had to walk back and do the fake – oh I didn’t realize, bs game — and to the man in a wheelchair COMPLETELY BLOCKED from access to his car.
Oh the beautiful shades of NT-BS she showed when caught in the lie. That guy was so much nicer than me. He did the laugh-it-off thing to slide through the bullshittery.
She said words like, “Oh I didn’t notice. I was in such a hurry. Running late” … blah blah blah justifications.
Then she walked in the narrow spot between my window and her driver’s door, squeezed back into her car and then re-parked. Like six spots down the way from where she was, and then walked into the sandwich shop.
Gotta love a dash of ableism to go with your salami and cheese sub.
Eve Reiland (US)
- Message From The Archives: March 2008 | If my son could speak, this is what I think he would say …
- Message From The Archives: March 2008 | e-Speaks: Chevrolet and Autism Speaks Team Up to Drive Autism Awareness … “Recovery” Mentioned
- Messages From The Archives: January 2010 | Thank You for “Chasing Hope” … Many Of The People Who Jumped In Wholeheartedly Aren’t Directly Affected By Autism
– As Seen On | Latest 5 –
- As Seen On Twitter | TW: Ableism/Holocaust | Hey @Foyles, as an #ActuallyAutistic customer, I am horrified that you would stock this book in your self-help section. Autism is not caused by vaccines, is not an epidemic and certainly not comparable to the Holocaust. via @ellen__jones
- As Seen On Twitter | You really, really, REALLY need to consult with nonspeaking #actuallyautistic people to find out what their own priority therapy goals are. … via @ekverstania
- As Seen On Twitter | Washington’s Court system considered making it much easier to forcibly sterilize a person under guardianship. … Because of you, we fought back and we won. #NoModernAsylum via @wa_nma
- As Seen On Twitter | Remember that time that Judith Newman (@judithn111) called me a manic pixie dream girl in her book? … via @neurowonderful
- As Seen On Facebook | Really, lady? I saw that. … #DisabilityParking is NOT for your convenience. … via Eve Reiland