HOUSTON – Peter Hotez has 2 words for his fellow scientists: Speak up.
A venerable vaccine researcher and dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine, Hotez says he and other scientists of his generation were taught to do science and avoid speaking to the media and the public.
The “cone of silence culture,” as he calls it, hasn’t worked out very well. With adroit social media messaging, anti-science movements—including those that undermine the value of vaccines—have been able to seize the public discourse.
– #AntiVaxxer –
- As Seen On Facebook | Antivaxxers Up To Old Tricks and Using Other Parents Pics of Kids Without Permission To Push Agenda, Abuse & Lies…
- As Seen On Facebook: Bleach and Autistic Abuse Pusher, Dianne Thompson (@djt10), Twitter Account Suspended
- New research targets anti-vaccination comments on Facebook – The Verge
- Anti-vaxers and Facebook: The four subgroups that fuel online attacks – CNN
- AutismOne Quackfest: Shut It Down! | Chiropractors ‘To Heal” Autistics
– Scientology –
- Scientology in Australia: Expose On Missing Mum | Australian Women’s Weekly
- And Over At The Wakefield Revival Tent … Gwyneth Paltrow promotes trickle-down wellness at In goop Health conference
- Ex-Scientology member ‘sexually abused and sent to prison camps with paedos aged just 12’
- How Can You Tell If You’re In A Cult? Let ‘Zodiac’ Author Jo Thornely Help
- 2019 Preventable Illness Outbreaks Brought To You By Jenny McCarthy & Friends | Video