In some parts of the country, preventable diseases such as measles are on the rise. That’s due to more parents choosing to not vaccinate their children for “philosophical beliefs.” Much of the fear surrounding vaccines stems from a now debunked study from 1998 falsely linking autism with the MMR vaccine. Dr. Peter Hotez, a professor of pediatrics and vaccine scientist, says he knows that vaccines were not the cause of his daughter’s autism. He joins Soledad O’Brien to discuss the research behind autism and the growing distrust in science.
– #AntiVaxxer –
- $ecret World of Autism: When Antivaxxers Heal & Recover Autistics | An introduction to autistic abuse
- U.S. measles cases mount as anti-vaccine influence goes unchecked – Axios
- Amazon Won’t Take a Stand in War Over Forrest Maready Book, ‘The Autism Vaccine’
- If It’s Vaccines, Then Why Are There Autistic Kids Who Are Unvaccinated? – VAXOPEDIA
- Are Vaccine Laws a Form of State Sponsored Segregation? – VAXOPEDIA