Miracle Mineral Supplement – Wikipedia

Page semi-protected

Miracle Mineral Supplement

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search

Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to as Miracle Mineral SolutionMaster Mineral SolutionMMS or the CD protocol,[1] is chlorine dioxide, an industrial bleach. It is made by mixing 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent industrial bleach and industrial water cleaner. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, symptoms of severe dehydration and other life threatening conditions.[2] The name was coined by former Scientologist[3] Jim Humble (de) in his 2006 self-published book, The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century.[4] A more dilute version is marketed as Chlorine Dioxide Solution (CDS).[5]

MMS is falsely promoted as a cure for HIVmalariahepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu viruscommon coldsautismacnecancer, and much more. There have been no clinical trials to test these claims, which come only from anecdotal reports and Humble’s book.[6][7] In January 2010, the Sydney Morning Herald reported that one vendor admitted that they do not repeat any of Humble’s claims in writing to circumvent regulations against using it as a medicine.[8] Sellers sometimes describe MMS as a water purifier so as to circumvent medical regulations.[9] The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies rejected “in the strongest terms” reports by promoters of MMS that they had used the product to fight malaria.[10]

Sodium chlorite, the main constituent of MMS, is a toxic chemical[11][12] that can cause acute renal failure[13] if ingested. Small amounts of about 1 gram can be expected to cause nauseavomiting, shedding of internal mucous membranes such as those of the small and large intestine and even life-threatening hemolysis in persons who are deficient in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. When citric acid or other food acid is used to “activate” MMS as described in its instructions,[14] the mixture produces an aqueous solution containing chlorine dioxide, a toxin and a potent oxidizing agent used in the treatment of water and in bleaching.[15] The United States Environmental Protection Agency has set a maximum level of 0.8 mg/L for chlorine dioxide in drinking water.[16] Naren Gunja, director of the New South WalesPoisons Information Centre, has stated that using the product is “a bit like drinking concentrated bleach” and that users have displayed symptoms consistent with corrosive injuries, such as vomiting, stomach pains, and diarrhea.[17]

 

Source: Miracle Mineral Supplement – Wikipedia

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.