Here we go again with someone famous being irresponsible with their anti-vaxxer influence. Kat Von D has stated on her Instagram that she is an anti-vaxxer and “high-fived” a like-minded fan.
Autisitic Illiteracy KILLS Autistic people.
How do we get through to these folks that their words harm human people, autistic people and add to the haterade we battle daily?
That they’re adding to fire the cults of parents who bleach their autistic kids in order to “recover” them from vaccinated, harmed brains?
Kat Von D – please reach out to us #actuallyautistic and not Hollywood Autism CryBullies. We are a people . . . not a disease. And never the reason to choose to NOT vaccinate.
I knew the minute we announced our pregnancy that we would be bombarded with unsolicited advice.
Some good and some questionable – unsolicited none the less.
I also was prepared for the backlash and criticism we would get if we decided to be open about our personal approach to our pregnancy. My own Father flipped out on me when I told him we decided to ditch our doctor and go with a midwife instead.
If you don’t know what it’s like have people around you think you are ridiculous, try being openly vegan.
And, if you don’t know what it’s like to have the entire world openly criticize, judge, throw uninformed opinions, and curse you – try being an openly pregnant vegan on Instagram, having a natural, drug-free home birth in water with a midwife and doula, who has the intention of raising a vegan child, without vaccinations.
My point being: I already know what it’s like to make life choices that are not the same as the majority. So your negative comments are not going influence my choices – actual research and educating myself will – which i am diligently doing.
This is my body. This is our child. And this is our pregnancy journey.
Feel free to follow me on here if you like what I’m about – whether it’s tattooing, lipstick, Animal Rights, sobriety, feminism, ridiculous gothiness, black flower gardening, cats, or my adorable husband.
But if you don’t dig a certain something about what I post, i kindly ask that you press the unfollow button and move the fuck on.
So before anyone of you feel inspired to tell me how to do this, I would appreciate you keeping your unsolicited criticism to yourself.
More importantly, for those who have amazing positive energy to send my way, I will gladly and graciously receive it with love! X
Source: kat vond d – Twitter Search
- jewel_of_torontoWell, there’s another celeb to unfollow.
- playstationdomain@teeveee_ except if you did a 2 second google search you would know that vaccines haven’t contained those kinds of things in over 15 years…
- flowcohontas@mallory_fielden lmao I could definitely sue you if my kid got sick because of your unvaxxed kid. Your credibility was gone the second you tried linking them to autism. You clearly know nothing.
- heathermarie0473I think you’re pretty amazing. Love you guys! Keep on keepin’ on Loves.
- bickenheadjuYou are putting other children st risk. This is selfish and a very uneducated decision.
- firstname.lastname@example.org I haven’t looked in the 3rd world county part yet. Not going to lie. But I have read up on the diseases as stated and ingredients. Theres enough info right there that that shows the dangers of vaccines.
- outlaw_rue@pumpkinqueenxx I respect that but you cannot force knowlegde onto someone. The only way a person is going to learn is if they are open to learning. It sounds like she has made a decision and anything but positive influence she is going to ignore. I am a nurse and I have commented on and corrected some information. Whether or not they listen is up to them. I will continue to follow this topic and check up on her family but as far as using her products, I will not support her brand anymore.
- calzephGuess who I’m not buying from anymore lmao
- slomkalicja🌞&💞 to the 3 of you!
- fragrancenazi@sophstixx when was your last vaccination? You do realize vaccines are no longer working after 7 years right? Quick quick, go and get a new chicken pox and polio vaccine!! Good luck!
- sam.laur99Well, there goes my love and devotion to your brand. Cannot and will not endorse or fund anyone who pushes psudo-science as part of the vegan movement. This is so ridiculous and detrimental to not only the cause, but so many people who cannot have vaccinations and are vulnerable to these diseases. I WAS ONE OF THOSE BABIES! I contracted meningitis as a baby when I was too young for the vaccination and if it wasn’t for my aunt I would have died. I know you’ll never read this, but I sincerely hope you do some real scientific research and use your voice for the better. For the sake of your child, and all the children reliant on herd immunity.
- quantumq11@tess_kachowski sounds like u are the one that needs to do research
- larsduffy@mia_monroe88 …..are you serious? Not every child is vaccinated. No baby is born and then automatically vaccinated with every vaccine. You have to wait until a certain age to get them.
- dona_mumuGood job momma! You raise my hopes for healthier generations to come!
- freyasfavoriteI have followed you for a million years but have to go…not vaccinating your children is bad not only for them but also for herd immunity and everyone else-if you claim to be educated how about going over the real science of vaccines, and their benefits. Otherwise smart people failing on this is why we are seeing POLIO again. You may be rich enough to avoid that but you need to think of your influence and what you tell young mothers. Peace
- em_marroquinYou are unique, talented, and the most inspirational person I’ve been following for years. @thekatvond ppl will bully, ppl will say things to bring you down. But I know damn well that this life you have is what God gave you. And that’s a blessing. I’ll be praying for you and your family and best of wished for new beginnings. I love you Kat, and just know many ppl may have gone through the same difficulty.. and you are not alone, I’m here for you, as one of your biggest fans who’s also tatted and is gay, raised in a family who are strict and religious. Your story will be inspirational and as you are right now. Sending you love and prayers @thekatvond
- ryanbadin@ryanbadin also anyone who listens to dr. Gregor and nutritionfacts.org know that he believes the benefits outweighs the risks: https://mobile.twitter.com/nutrition_facts/status/565249109612048385?lang=en
- khaleesideathbatI love you to death, you have been an icon for me since I was like 9, but not vaccinating your child is an extremely dangerous thing to do. It doesn’t cause autism, and the man who suggested that had his medical license revoked for such thing. I hope you can change your mind. I’ll give you an example. A few parents here don’t believe in vaccines and let their kids to school , and they ended up giving and getting something that could of been easily prevented by vaccines (I don’t remember the exact thing as I was in fourth grade, and I’m a senior now)
- thegermanjonesfamilyI agree with 95% but not to vaccinate his kid is abolute redicilous. my mum suffers deafness from missing vaccination of measles. I agree that it is maybe not necessery to vaccinate too much, but the standards? Icross fingers for your decisions that all goes to your wishes and hopes.
- cleezyAwesome news. Thank you for being brave enough to speak the truth. It’s not easy 😍😍😍
- email@example.com Many mothers in third world countries will carry their children on their backs in 90 degree heat for hours with no water to get to a medical facility where they are offering free vaccines. There was just a story in the news about this a few weeks ago. Also, because not all people in other countries are fortunate enough to receive vaccines, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take advantage if we live in a country that does offer them to everyone. Sanitation did not take the numbers from nearly 50,000 cases in 1955 to less than 50 by 1960. If you guys actually think that tens of thousands of kids just started washing their hands better and vaccines had nothing to do with that, lol I’m sorry, you are simply ignoring facts. To the person who said vaccines are only for our own protection, no, actually, the difference between anti vaxxers and pro vaxxers is we are thinking of other people and not just ourselves! Infants who are too young to be vaccinated yet, elderly people, people who are suffering from cancer and are going chemotherapeutic treatment, kids and adults who couldn’t be vaccinated for legitimate medical reasons are all put at risk from unvaccinated kids. It is way more likely that they will catch these diseases from the unvaccinated than the recently vaccinated. If you don’t believe me, open literally any health textbook or do a quick google search.