Take a Pledge | We Need Your Help.
Autism Acceptance must include Autistic culture, community and history. We embrace Autism as a neuro-social difference. We support Autistic people and their opportunity to live a healthy, happy and productive life. This includes rigorous scientific approaches to co-occurring conditions.
We believe that Autistics have a right to life (now and in future generations), identity, community and culture, and participate as leaders of their own community business organization (non-profit), government and related support service organizations. Autistics need person-centered approach to support, services, and lifestyle, and protection measures from those who attack them.
Autistics need support and help now. Right now.
It’s going to take all of us — Autistic peers, loved ones and valued allies/organizations to create a positive change for Autistic people. Can you support that?
Below are the points of The International Autistic Union — this is what we support.
THE 10 POINTS OF Âû (The Autistic Union)
- I am Autistic. [or] I support those who are Autistic.
- I embrace my Autism as a very significant part of my identity.
- I embrace those who would sacrifice to protect all Autistic life.
- I embrace the belief that Autism does not need any “curing”.
- I embrace the self-advocacy goal of “Everything about us, with us”.
- I embrace the definition of Autism as a neuro-social difference.
- I embrace measures directed at protecting Autistics from attack.
- I embrace a person-centred approach to all Autism issues.
- I embrace rigorous scientific approaches to co-occurring conditions.
- I embrace Autistics leading their own welfare organisations.
Take the Pledge | Show Support Autistics Right Now
So take a pledge. Tell how you are strengthening the impact of the Autistic’s Civil Rights Movement. ❤
(Note: Pledges will be posted on the AmericanBadassActivists.org site . )